HB Rentals Goes the Distance with Marathon in Norway
Global accommodation specialist HB Rentals, a Superior Energy Services company, has secured its second deal in the safety standard-setting Norwegian sector with Marathon.
HB Rentals and Marathon first worked together in Scandinavia in March 2007, with the modular accommodation provider delivering one of its Norsok Z015 compliant 20ft x 8ft engineering cabins, fitted as an office from stock at its Dusavik base near Stavanger, to the Alvheim FPSO vessel.
A smaller, 16ft x 8ft unit is now being installed on the Alvheim on an initial six-month contract, having been built to the same exacting standard, the highest certification available in the oil and gas industry worldwide.
Marathon turned to HBR due to its fleet availability and unique customisability, with modification work and mobilisation taking place within a week of the order being placed.
HB Rentals' local representative in Norway, Nils Stikholmen, said: "HB Rentals has built an internationally recognised reputation by adopting the highest standards of safety, quality and comfort for offshore workers, including Norsok and DNV-certification which is required by regulatory bodies in Norway.
"Our ability to deliver cabins from stock which meet these standards, while also accommodating the custom equipment and facilities requirements of the client, from our existing fleet has been a key factor in securing ongoing growth in Scandinavia and we are planning further expansion with the addition of new Engineering cabins in 2008 to meet increasing demand."
HB Rentals is the world's largest unique supplier of temporary on and offshore accommodation modules, operating from three major global hubs in Broussard, Louisiana, US; Aberdeen, Scotland and Singapore.
The global specialist includes the European, American, South East Asian and Australasian operations of the former Duffy and McGovern Accommodation Services, which it acquired in January 2007.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Superior Energy Services more info
- Superior Energy Eliminates Dividend (Mar 31)
- PMI Energy Services Sets Up New Shorebase in Morgan City (Oct 22)
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)
Company: HB Rentals more info
- HB Rentals Expands Rental Fleet with Linkable Onshore Skids (Mar 29)
- HB Rentals Secures Middle East Work (Mar 15)
- HB Rentals Builds Custom Sleeper Offshore Brazil (Aug 30)