Operations Halt on West Navigator
During a planned disconnection from the well due to deteriorating weather, the drillship West Navigator suffered damages to the BOP (Blow Out Preventor) and the subsea equipment. As a result, the drilling on West Navigator is temporarily halted. The extent of the damages and the subsequent repair time are uncertain at this point.
West Navigator is contracted to Shell for a drilling assignment on the Ormen Lange field on the Norwegian continental shelf.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)