Rowan's Bob Keller Snags 3-Yr. LOI from Saudi Aramco
Saudi Aramco has signed a LOI with Rowan Companies Inc. for a three-year contract with the Bob Keller jackup, news agencies report. Work will be performed in the Middle East at a day rate of approximately $180,000.
The rig recently entered a shipyard in the Gulf of Mexico to undergo modifications for the contract.
Additionally, the Bob Palmer jackup entered a GOM shipyard to receive modifications on Jan. 22; after which, the rig is contracted to BP in the Gulf of Mexico.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)