Russia Increases Exploration Drilling by 20.6%
Russian oil companies increased exploration drilling by 20.6% in 2007, according to the Fuel and Energy Dispatch Center.
Over 870,900 exploration wells were drilled in 2007. Russian companies also completed 13.8 million meters of production wells, an increase of 18.8 % more over 2006.
Surgutneftegas drilled 168,100 meters of exploration wells last year (up 2.4%) and 3.1914 million meters of production well (up 4.0%).
Other increases include Lukoil, which drilled 125,100 meters of exploration wells (up 7.8%) and 2.6379 million meters of production wells (up 26.6%); Rosneft--84,200 meters (up 37.6%) and 2.5136 million meters (up 79.8%) respectively; TNK--BP Holding--102,200 meters (up 150%) and 1.1061 million meters (up 20.4%); and Gazprom Neft--53,400 meters (up 70.6%) and 1.6937 million meters (up 18.5%).
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: OAO Gazprom more info
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: Surgutneftegas more info
- Russia's Surgut to Launch Shpilman Oil Field (Sep 03)
- Minister: Asian Firms To Replace Western Energy Majors If They Leave Russia (Sep 22)
- Russians to Pay $600MM, Not $1B, to Start Venezuela Oil Drilling (Oct 06)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)