Petrofac's SPD Lands Mozambique Subsea Contract Worth Millions
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, reproted that its well operations business, SPD, the international well engineering company, has been awarded a contract to plan and manage drilling operations in offshore Mozambique by the South African-based global energy company, Sasol Limited.
The multi-million dollar contract, signed by both parties this week, and which has a minimum estimated duration of three years, includes a drilling program of two firm and four optional wells. Planning work has commenced and the first well is due to be spudded in the fourth quarter of 2008.
SPD technical director, Alex Macdonald, said: "We are extremely excited about the award of this contract and view it as the first step in developing a long term strategic alliance with Sasol. The drilling program is technically challenging and the shared values of the two companies are well-aligned."
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
- Sasol Shifts Strategy, Evaluates Chemical Business Split (Nov 29)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: SPD Well Project Management Ltd more info
- Petrofac's SPD Lands Mozambique Subsea Contract Worth Millions (Jan 24)
- SPD Lands Dubai Offshore Asset Management Contract (Oct 23)
- SPD Wins First Drilling Services Contract in Georgia (Jun 20)