Aabar's Pearl Secures Two Blocks in Thailand
Aabar Petroleum's subsidiary Pearl Energy Limited has been awarded two petroleum contracts by the Thai authorities for block G2/50 offshore in the Gulf of Thailand and onshore block L21/50.
Block G2/50, which is held 100% by Pearl Oil (Petroleum) Limited, covers an area of 1,126 square kilometers and is adjacent to concession area B5/27, where Pearl operates the producing Jasmine oil field.
L21/50 is 100% held by Pearl Oil (Resources) Limited and covers 3,962 square kilometers in the Khorat Basin in the northeast of Thailand.
Aabar, through its wholly owned Pearl subsidiaries, operates an additional eight concession areas offshore in the Gulf of Thailand, including Block B5/27 where the company's flagship Jasmine oil field produces approximately 18,500 barrels of oil per day gross.
- Tap Oil's Manora Development On Track (Jul 26)
- Drilling Commenced in Gulf of Thailand (Oct 18)
- Mubadala Moves Ahead with Major Oil Projects (Nov 11)
Company: Aabar Petroleum more info
- Aabar Sells Off Upstream Oil Unit Pearl Energy (May 20)
- Aabar Records Q1 Net Profit of AED 40 Million (Apr 30)
- Aabar Energy Receives Offer from Mubadala (Mar 06)