Petrobras Hits 3 Potentials Offshore Brazil at Gengibre
The Manati joint venture reached a total drilling depth of 3,357 meters (1,113 feet) on the Gengibre well. Drilling encountered three potential hydrocarbon-bearing intervals. Production testing is ongoing.
Gengibre is located on Block BCAM-40 in the Camamu-Almada Basin offshore Brazil, about 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) northeast of the Manati well #3.
Petrobras serves as the operator of Manati with 35% interest. Partners in the field include Norse Energy with 10% and Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas with 55%.
Drilling on the well began in September 2007. The Manati field has confirmed gas reserves of 230Bcf in the P1 category and 766 Bcf in the P1 and P2 categories.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)