Petrobras Awards Technip $300 Million in Ultra-Deepwater Contracts
Technip has been awarded two major contracts by Petrobras America, a subsidiary of Petrobras, worth a total of over USD 300 million, for the development of the Cascade and Chinook gas fields, located in the Walker Ridge area of the Gulf of Mexico, in 8,200 and 8,800 feet of water, respectively.
The first contract covers the engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) of five free standing hybrid riser(1) systems for both Cascade and Chinook fields.
The second contract covers the installation of the Cascade infield flowlines(2) and gas export pipeline and includes: welding of approximately 120km of 6 and 9 steel pipelines, design and fabrication of 10 PLET(3) and 2 in-line tees(4), installation of the pipelines and associated structures.
Technips operating center in Houston, Texas, will execute the contracts. The pipelines will be welded at the Groups spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama.
Offshore installation is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2009, using Technips vessels Deep Blue and Constructor.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)