StatoilHydro Submits Yttergryta PDO to Norwegian Agency
On Jan. 18, the plan for development and operation (PDO) of Yttergryta was submitted to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. The gas field is located around five kilometers northwest of Asgard B in the Norwegian Sea.
Expected production from Yttergryta is approximately 1.75 billion standard cubic meters (Sm3) of gas with very low carbon dioxide (CO2) content. It will be developed with a subsea template tied back to the Asgard B platform.
Start-up is scheduled for the first quarter of 2009. The production period will be between three to five years with a maximum anticipated production of 3.5 million Sm3 per day.
The exploration well that was drilled in June 2007 will be converted to a production well in 2008. The template for the subsea production facility has already been installed. Development costs will total around NOK 1.2 billion, including drilling expenses.
StatoilHydro is operator for Yttergryta with a 45.75% interest. The other licensees are Total with 24.5%, Petoro with 19.95% and Eni with 9.8%.
The PDO for Yttergryta is a "simplified" version. The Ministry's processing is expected to take a maximum of eight weeks.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum & Energy more info
- 'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award (Mar 06)
- Norway Takes New Approach to Naming Offshore Fields (Sep 21)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Unveils 21st Licensing Round (Jun 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)