AGR Extends Rig Contract for Transocean Prospect
Oil services company AGR Group announced that its contract for the Transocean Prospect has been extended through to September 2008. With the semi-submersible AGR will manage at least 5 additional wells for clients Antrim, Bow Valley, Granby and Nautical in 2008. The combined project value of the extension to the rig contract is more than £70 million.
AGR is now managing 8 rigs across the globe.
Head of well management Ian Burdis commented, "This is a sign of AGR's strong presence in the rig campaign market, and the depth of its well management client base. Where there was excess capacity for a rig in the North Sea, AGR was in a position to put together a group of clients in a campaign and secure for them that rig, which in this case was the Transocean Prospect.
At the conclusion of the new contract in September 2008, the Transocean Prospect will have been contracted to AGR Group for 16 months.
When the Transocean Prospect was offered to the market by AGR at a competitive day rate, it was heavily oversubscribed, reflecting the unmet demand among small to medium operators for a rig and well management package.
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Bow Valley more info
- Dana Completes Acquisition of Bow Valley Energy (Apr 30)
- Shareholders OK Dana Petroleum's Acquisition of Bow Valley (Apr 09)
- Dana Petroleum Scoops Up Bow Valley, Additional North Sea Interests (Feb 16)
Company: Granby Oil more info
- Granby: Tristan NW Gas Development Successfully Drilled and Tested (Feb 28)
- Granby and Petro-Canada Agree to Cross Assignment in UKCS Quad 13 (Feb 06)
- Granby Completes Drilling in N. Sea, First Gas Delayed (Jan 28)
Company: Nautical Petroleum more info
- Egdon Completes PEDL005(R) Farm-Outs (Sep 21)
- Cairn Bids $645M for Nautical Petroleum (Jun 13)
- Nautical Petroleum Spins Bit at Carnaby Well (May 11)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)