EnCore Snags Operatorship and Interest in UKCS Block
EnCore Oil inked a deal with Century Exploration Ltd., bumping up its interest in the United Kingdom Continental Shelf Block 9/27a from 10% to 87.5%. The agreement also hands operatorship to EnCore. The other participant in the block is Granby Oil & Gas plc.
"EnCore's regional work in this area suggested that there may be overlooked potential in the block," EnCore's CEO Alan Booth said. "It is particularly pleasing to see the recent success announced by Fairfield Energy in adjacent block 9/28. We believe that any redevelopment of the Crawford field will significantly reduce the threshold for commercial developments in block 9.27a."
The agreement is subject to customary regulatory approvals, and EnCore's interest in the block is subject to a revised overriding royalty of 1.2% of its share of revenues. (The royalty interest had previously been 2.75%.)
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
- Granby: Tristan NW Gas Development Successfully Drilled and Tested (Feb 28)
- Granby and Petro-Canada Agree to Cross Assignment in UKCS Quad 13 (Feb 06)
- Granby Completes Drilling in N. Sea, First Gas Delayed (Jan 28)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)
Company: Century Exploration more info
- Bridge Resources Acquires Interest in UK North Sea Blocks (Dec 19)
- EnCore Snags Operatorship and Interest in UKCS Block (Jan 15)
- EnCore: Drilling Begins at Cirrus (May 29)
Company: Fairfield Energy Limited more info
- Exceed Secures Fairfield Well Engineering Services Contract (Mar 07)
- CAN Group Wins North Sea Deal with Fairfield Energy (Nov 03)
- DECC Reports Another Osprey Leak (Jul 27)