Oilex Hits Oil and Gas at Sarha-1 in Oman
Oilex Ltd advises that the Sarha-1 exploration well, the first of three exploration wells that will be drilled in a continuous sequence by Oilex in the Block 56 Production Sharing Contract Area, Sultanate of Oman is drilling ahead in 81/2" hole below 1,673 meters in the Cambrian Huqf Formation.
The primary and secondary objectives penetrated in the Permian to Cambrian interval exhibited oil shows and increased gas readings from drill cuttings. Upon reaching total depth, currently prognosed to be at approximately 1,900 meters, a comprehensive wireline logging program will be carried out to evaluate the anomalous zones encountered and to determine whether production testing is warranted.
Oilex serves as the operator of the block with 25% interest. Other participants in the Block 56 Production Sharing Contract are Videocon Industries Ltd. with 25%, GAIL Ltd. with 25%, Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. with 12.5% and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. with the final 12.5% interest.
- Dominion Energy Denies LNG Contract Renegotiations (Dec 19)
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
Company: Bharat Petroleum more info
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)
Company: Videocon Industries more info
- Sources: Petrobras To Sell 'Junk' Fields As Big Finds Delayed (Jul 05)
- Petrobras' Indian Partners Fight Delay In Troubled Brazil Oil Project (Jul 04)
- India's Videocon Considers Divesting Upstream Assets to Repay Debts (Jun 13)
Company: Hindustan Petroleum more info
- India Refiner HPCL Sees More Scope For Foreign Buys After ONGC Deal (Jul 20)
- India Approves Creation of State Oil Giant in $4.6 Billion Deal (Jul 19)
- Iraq Undercuts Saudi Arabia In Q2 To Grab Top Spot In India Oil Market (Jul 19)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)