CHC Adds 3 New Choppers to N. Sea Fleet for Total Contract
CHC Helicopter Corporation has augmented its North Sea fleet with the deployment of three new Eurocopter EC225 aircraft from its Aberdeen base.
The new-technology aircraft have been delivered to service a new five-year contract with Total E&P UK Limited in support of its North Sea operations. CHC's first commercial flights for Total with the EC225 are being performed this week.
The aircraft are the first EC225s to be deployed by CHC in the UK North Sea and represent the latest phase of its investment in modern-technology assets in Europe.
The renewal contract with Total involves the exclusive use of the EC225s as well as one Eurocopter AS332L2, and carries two one-year extension options. It is valued at approximately £57million.
The EC225 has more powerful engines, and benefits from the latest safety-enhanced helicopter technology to simplify pilot and maintenance procedures.
Aberdeen is the headquarters for CHC's European operations, which encompass 17 bases in the UK, Norway, Ireland, the Netherlands and Denmark. It operates 76 aircraft in Europe, approximately 20 of them out of Aberdeen.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: CHC Helicopter more info
- EC225LP Helicopters Grounded in UK, Norway after 13 Killed in Crash (Apr 30)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Helicopter Contract to CHC (Jun 18)
- North Sea Crash: CHC Resumes Super Puma Flights (Aug 26)