Pompano Well #1 Spudded
The operator of the Pompano Project, AnaTexas Offshore Inc., has advised that Well SL 103229 #1 spudded at 15:30hrs on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2008 (US/CST). At the time of the Operator's report at 06:00 hours on Jan. 13, 2008 (US/CST), Well #1 had been drilled to a depth of 808 feet below the rotary table on the rig floor and a short wiper trip was being undertaken prior to pulling out of the hole to run and cement the 16" casing string. Drilling was done by the Hercules 152 jackup rig.
The Participants in Well #1 and their respective working interests are Elixir Petroleum Ltd with 25%, Buccaneer Energy Ltd with 65%, Baron Petroleum Inc. with 7.5%, and Streamline Exploration Inc. with 2.5%.
Elixir's 25% working interest in Well #1 will be reduced by 5.0% pursuant to a 'back-in' arrangement with AnaTexas once Elixir has recouped its total investment in the well, plus 20%.
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: AnaTexas Offshore Inc. more info
- Preparations Advance for Pompano Workover Well (Sep 01)
- Elixir Reviews Operations at GOM's Pompano, High Island Projects (Jan 09)
- AnaTexas Prepares to Drill Ahead at Pompano Well-3 (Oct 08)
Company: Buccaneer Resources Inc. more info
- Cook Inlet Lease Sale Shows 'Positive Upturn' for Cook Inlet Exploration (May 18)
- Buccaneer Finalizes Transocean Jackup Acquisition (Nov 15)
- Buccaneer Looks North to Cook Inlet Potential (Oct 11)