Seawell Secures New Platform Upgrade and Drilling Contract in the UK
Seawell Limited has been awarded a contract by the Fairfield Energy Limited for the provision of platform upgrade and drilling services on the Dunlin field on the UK continental shelf. The assignment includes both rig restoration and upgrading of the drilling facilities as well as a subsequent three to four year platform drilling and rig maintenance program.
Fairfield Energy has recently acquired the Dunlin field, and this is their first operation as an operator on the UK continental shelf.
Commenting on the contract, Seawell's Chief Executive Officer Alf Ragnar Lovdal said: "The award confirms our position as one of the leading platform drilling contractors and strengthen our ability to service our UK clients. We are seeking to provide our clients with a top team in order for them to upgrade their existing platforms and perform safe operations in drilling and well intervention."
- Exceed Secures Fairfield Well Engineering Services Contract (Mar 07)
- CAN Group Wins North Sea Deal with Fairfield Energy (Nov 03)
- DECC Reports Another Osprey Leak (Jul 27)
Company: Seawell Limited more info
- Seawell, Allis-Chalmers Merger Finalized (Feb 24)
- Seawell to Acquire Allis-Chalmers for $890MM (Aug 13)
- Statoil Extends Production Drilling Contracts (Feb 16)