Elixir: Rig on the Way to Pompano, Drilling to Start Soon
Elixir Petroleum advises that the operator of the Pompano Project, AnaTexas Offshore Inc., has advised that the Hercules 152 jackup drilling rig commenced mobilization to the Pompano field on Jan.9, 2007. Subject to weather, it is expected the drilling unit will arrive in field over the weekend, with preparation to spud Well SL 103229 #1 commencing immediately.
Well #1 is designed to test seven potentially gas bearing sands located between 3,800 feet and 7,900 feet measured depth. Several of these sands have been productive down dip of the Well #1 location, or nearby within the Pompano field.
The Participants in Well #1 and their respective working interests are Elixir Petroleum with 25%, Buccaneer Energy with 65%, Baron Petroleum with 7.5% and Streamline Exploration with 2.5%
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: AnaTexas Offshore Inc. more info
- Preparations Advance for Pompano Workover Well (Sep 01)
- Elixir Reviews Operations at GOM's Pompano, High Island Projects (Jan 09)
- AnaTexas Prepares to Drill Ahead at Pompano Well-3 (Oct 08)
Company: Buccaneer Resources Inc. more info
- Cook Inlet Lease Sale Shows 'Positive Upturn' for Cook Inlet Exploration (May 18)
- Buccaneer Finalizes Transocean Jackup Acquisition (Nov 15)
- Buccaneer Looks North to Cook Inlet Potential (Oct 11)