Xcite Energy UK North Sea Appraisal Well Reaches Target Depth
Xcite Energy, a heavy oil company focused on the development of discovered resources in the UK North Sea, provides an update on the 9/3b-5 appraisal well on the Bentley field.
As anticipated, the well has reached its target depth on schedule and the Company continues to expect testing to be completed before the end of January 2008.
The Bentley heavy oil discovery is located on Block 9/3b, in which Xcite Energy holds a 100% interest, 160km east of the Shetland Isles and covering an area of approximately 200 kilometers squared. Bentley has been drilled by three of the four wells on Block 9/3b, being wells 9/3-1 (Amoco, 1977), 9/3-2A (Conoco, 1983) and 9/3-4 (Conoco, 1986).
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Xcite Energy Resources Limited more info
- Xcite Confirms $35-per-Barrel Costs for Bentley Field (May 29)
- Xcite Signs Rig Provision Agreement for Bentley Field (Nov 17)
- Xcite Signs Services Deal with Baker Hughes for Bentley Field (Oct 20)