Saudi Aramco Terminates Thule Power Drilling Contract
On 3 December 2007, Saudi Aramco gave notice to KCA Deutag of its intention to terminate the Thule Power drilling contract on 25 December 2007.
KCA Deutag notified Thule Drilling that Saudi Aramco, in a letter dated 7 January 2008, has terminated the contract as of 25 December 2007.
Thule understands and respects Saudi Aramco's decision and regrets the unfortunate circumstances around Thule's situation which lies outside of Saudi Aramco's and Thule's control.
The termination of the contract does not affect the sale of Chekovo Ltd. (owning company of Thule Power).
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: Thule Drilling more info
- Thule Chairman Steps Down (Aug 24)
- Thule Power Successfully Moved from Sharjah Port to QGM Yard (Jun 10)
- Thule Drilling Underscores Status Contracts for Thule Power Jackup (Apr 17)