FMC to Deploy First-Ever Subsea Separation System in Deepwater W. Africa
FMC Technologies, Inc. has received the award to supply deepwater subsea processing and production systems to Total Exploration & Production Angola. The systems will be used in Total's Pazflor Project, located in Block 17 deepwater offshore Angola.
The award has a value of approximately $980 million in revenue to FMC Technologies. FMC will deploy the first-ever subsea separation systems in deepwater West Africa.
FMC Technologies' scope of supply includes three gas-liquid separation systems, which marks the first-ever deployment of subsea separation technology in West Africa, as well as 49 subsea trees and wellhead systems. In addition, FMC Technologies will supply three 4-slot production manifold systems; production control and umbilical distribution systems; gas export and flowline connection systems; ROV tooling; and local support for installation and start up activities. Deliveries will be completed over a multi-year period and are expected to commence in 2009. Revenues on the project will be recognized beginning in early 2008.
Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola (Sonangol) is the Block 17 concessionaire. In addition to Total E&P Angola, other partners in the Block are Esso Exploration Angola (Block 17) Ltd., BP Exploration (Angola) Ltd., and StatoilHydro.
"FMC has now been awarded five subsea processing projects in four major deepwater basins in just the last two years," said John Gremp, FMC Technologies Executive Vice President. "We are proud to be selected to develop these systems, and we look forward to working with Sonangol, Total and their partners in the implementation of our state-of-the-art technology in West Africa."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)