Aker Contracts Deepwater Drilling Unit to StatoilHydro for 3 to 10 Years
Aker Drilling's first harsh environment, deepwater drilling unit, Aker Spitsbergen, is contracted to StatoilHydro for operations offshore Norway with firm contract duration between 3 and 10 years.
StatoilHydro has requested Aker Drilling for an extension in order to decide the duration of the firm contract period. Aker Drilling has therefore accepted to extend the period until Jan. 21, 2008. As previously communicated StatoilHydro should initially have declared such firm contract duration within Jan. 1, 2008.
Aker Spitsbergen will commence its operations upon delivery from the yard Aker Kvaerner Stord by the end of July 2008.
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)