Callon Closes $61.5 Million Sale of Mineral Interests
Callon Petroleum Company has completed the sale of certain non-core, non-operated royalty and mineral interests for $61.5 million pursuant to a Purchase and Sale Agreement dated December 10, 2007. The buyer is Indigo Minerals LLC, a private company based in Houston, Texas.
These non-operated, onshore royalty and mineral interests represent less than 2% of Callon's estimated current net proved reserves and are widely dispersed in 15 different states throughout the United States. Production, net to Callon, from the properties being sold is approximately 420 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Proceeds from the sale will be used to strengthen the company's balance sheet and provide additional liquidity for the development of Callon's Gulf of Mexico deepwater fields.
- Texas Shale Drillers Lure $2 Billion in New Equity to Permian (Feb 02)
- Oil Companies' New Math Makes Them Look Bigger in Texas (Nov 21)
- Callon Updates Onshore US Ops (Jun 08)
Company: Indigo Minerals LLC more info
- Callon Closes $61.5 Million Sale of Mineral Interests (Dec 31)
- Callon to Sell 2% of Onshore Interests for $61.5 Million (Dec 12)