Woodside Completes Sale of Mauritania Interest to Petronas
Woodside announced today that the sale of its Mauritanian interests is complete. Petronas Australia Pty. Limited agreed to buy the interests in September 2007 for U.S. $418 million.
Petronas will now have significant interests in eight upstream acreages in Mauritania, including offshore PSC A and PSC B areas; the producing Chinguetti oil field in PSC B; offshore Blocks 2, 6 and 7; and onshore Blocks Ta11 and Ta12.
Petronas already held a 35% interest in Block 6, and except for Block 7, the company will now assume operatorship in all the acreages involved in the acquisition.
Many of the acreages show significant oil and gas potential in the existing Tiof, Banda, Tevet and Pelican discoveries and in numerous identified exploration prospects.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Woodside To Raise $2B, Look To Offshore Gas Project For Growth (Feb 14)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 7 Offshore Rigs
- You Don't Need Asia To Get $12 For Your Liquefied Natural Gas (Feb 27)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Malaysia's Petronas Offers New Bergading Condensate For March (Jan 25)