Two of World's Largest Offshore Rigs, Eiriksson and Raude, Carry On
Ocean Rig's third quarter 2007 report offers the following operational updates for drilling rigs Leiv Eiriksson and Eirik Raude.
Leiv Eiriksson completed a 61 days yard-stay in Las Palmas, Cran Canarias, on Sunday December 16, 2007, and went back on hire under the Shell contract. The rig is expected to be on location west of Shetland after approximately 26 days of transit including loading of equipment and fuel.
Eirik Raude continues to work in the US Gulf of Mexico under the two-year term contract with ExxonMobil.
Ocean Rig owns and operates two of the world`s largest and most modern drilling rigs, built for ultra deep waters and extreme weather conditions. Eirik Raude is currently operating in the US Gulf of Mexico while Leiv Eiriksson is in transit to the North Sea.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)