Diamond Offshore Semi-Submersible Unit Incident Leaves No Injuries
Diamond Offshore Drilling reported that the semi-submersible drilling rig Ocean Whittington experienced an incident involving the ballast control system at approximately 0500 central standard time yesterday, December 25, 2007.
The rig has been stabilized and corrective measures have returned the unit to even keel. There were no injuries to personnel and the rig is currently in the process of being re-manned after an initial partial evacuation according to procedure. The well has remained under control throughout the incident and is secure.
The Whittington initially listed approximately 9 degrees as a result of the ballast event and an investigation is underway to determine the cause. The Ocean Whittington is currently contracted to Petrobras and located offshore Brazil.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)