Petrobras Makes Another Oil Discovery in Santos Basin's Pre-Salt Layer
Petrobras and its partner Galp Energia have made another deepwater oil discovery offshore Brazil. The well, 1-BRSA-526-SPS (1-SPS-51), has proven there is a light oil field in the pre-salt layer in the Santos Basin. The well was drilled by Diamond Offshore's drillship, Ocean Clipper. The initial well, located 280 kilometers off Sao Paulo in 2,234 meters of water was drilled to a depth of 5,350 meters. The well has not been tested yet due to operating and logistics reasons.
The partners will take the necessary steps required to delineate the field and verify the reservoir's characteristics. A Discovery Evaluation Plan it will be sent to the NPA.
Petrobras holds an 80% stake in the well and Galp Energia holds the remaining 20%.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)