Foster Wheeler Awarded Australian LNG Contract for Undisclosed Amount
The joint venture led by a subsidiary of Foster Wheeler Global Engineering and Construction Group has been awarded an engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCm) contract by Woodside Burrup Pty for the onshore portion of Woodside’s Pluto Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project in Western Australia. Foster Wheeler's joint venture partner for the project is WorleyParsons Services.
The contract value was not disclosed and the project will be included in the company's fourth-quarter 2007 bookings.
The scope of work to be undertaken by the Foster Wheeler-led joint venture includes a single liquefied natural gas production train with forecast production of 4.3 million tonnes of LNG per year, a fractionation unit, an acid gas recovery unit, gas purification units, tankage storage facilities, a boil-off gas compressor, loading berths, gas turbine power generation units and utilities. LNG production is scheduled to start at the end of 2010.
"We are delighted to be once again selected to play a pivotal ongoing role in Woodside's strategic objective of expanding its world-scale LNG operations," said Umberto della Sala, president and chief operating officer of Foster Wheeler Ltd. "We have used our extensive technical experience and knowledge of the global LNG industry and the Western Australian labor market to develop an execution strategy in line with Woodside's pace-setting schedule for Pluto."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)