Aker Kvaerner to Install Another North Sea Floater
StatoilHydro has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract for tow and installation of the Gjoa Semi in the North Sea. The total contract value is approximately NOK 180 million.
The work comprises installation of the mooring system, transportation and installation of the Gjoa Semi.
"We look forward to start this project work which is the second significant floater installation contract won within just a few days. We appreciate the confidence we are given by StatoilHydro, which will help us to develop our capabilities further along with our strategy; to be the preferred floater installation contractor", says Torgeir Ramstad, President of Aker Marine Contractors.
Pre-installation of the 16 leg mooring system will be executed in 2009, while tow to field and installation of the Gjoa Semi will be executed in 2010.
The highly specified offshore construction vessel BOA SUB C, chartered by Aker Marine Contractors will be installing the heavy mooring system, whilst other vessels will be sourced from Maersk Supply Service. The planning and engineering will commence in January 2008.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)