Noble Energy Exercises Option for Songa Saturn
Songa Offshore reports that Noble Energy has exercised its two-well option for the Songa Saturn. Further Noble has farmed out the mentioned two wells to Kosmos Energy. The operations will take place offshore Ghana, with expected start-up mid-January 2008.
The dayrate for the above is US $339,000. After this no options are outstanding towards Noble Energy.
After completion Songa Saturn will proceed towards Libya, with a stop-over in Malta for installation of riser tensioners along with some other work.
- Gulfport Names Noble Energy Executive As Operations Chief (Jan 03)
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)