Thai Govt Grants Oil & Gas Exploration Rights for 13 Blocks
BANGKOK Dec 18, 2007 (Dow Jones Newswires)
The Thai Cabinet Tuesday granted concession rights to several companies to explore 13 onshore and offshore oil and gas blocks under Thailand's 20th petroleum concession bidding round.
The concession rights for offshore blocks in the Gulf of Thailand were awarded to Pearl Oil (Petroleum) for Block G2/50 and Sita Oil Exploration House for Block G3/50, a government spokesman said.
For onshore blocks, the rights were granted to:
-Northern Gulf Oil (Thailand) for Blocks L1/50 and L2/50
-Salamander Energy (E&P) for Block L15/50
-Auo Siam Marine for Block L18/50
-Sita Oil Exploration House for Block L19/50
-Carnarvon Petroleum for Block L20/50
-Pearl Oil (Resources) for Block 21/50
-Adani Welspun Exploration Ltd. for Block L22/50
-TPI Polene Power for Block L29/50
-Mitra Energy for Block L45/50 and Block L46/50
A total of 56 onshore blocks and nine offshore blocks in the Gulf of Thailand spanning 235,606 square kilometers were offered in the 20th petroleum concession bidding round.
Earlier this month, the Cabinet awarded rights to seven groups to explore Block G4/50 and Block G9/50 in the Gulf of Thailand. The concessions were also granted for the onshore Blocks L7/50, L13/50, L16/50, L26/50, L36/50, L37/50, L38/50 and L51/50.
Companies have until May 2008 to submit bids for the other blocks. The Department of Mineral Fuels will evaluate each collection of bids on the 15th of every month until the end of the bidding round on May 22, 2008.
Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)
Company: Pearl Oil more info
- Pearl Oil to Spud Pathum Well (Dec 11)
- Pearl Oil Spuds Anchan-1 Well (Nov 16)
- Tap Oil, Pearl Oil to Start Drilling in Gulf of Thailand Next Week (Sep 28)
Company: Mitra Corp. more info
- Total Acquires Stake in Philippines Block SC56 (Aug 23)
- Mitra Prepares for 2D Seismic of Sibaru Block, East Java (Jun 19)
- Sound Oil Partners Cure Default at Citarum (May 08)
Company: Salamander Energy plc more info
- Sona Petroleum Scraps Plans to Buy Stake in Salamander's Thai Assetss (Jan 14)
- Sona Clings on to Fading Hopes of Acquiring Thai Assets from Salamander (Nov 26)
- Salamander Backs Ophir Takeover Offer (Nov 24)