Petrobras Selects Aker Kvaerner Design for P-56 Platform
Petrobras has selected an Aker Kvaerner design for the hull of their new semisubmersible production platform to be located offshore Brazil, at the Marlim Sul deepwater field development.
The design is a copy of the P-51 semisubmersible platform, developed by Aker Kvaerner for Petrobras in 2002. P-56 will be the third semisubmersible platform for Petrobras of this design. The new contract covers the additional license as well as an option for utilizing technical assistance from Aker Kvaerner during the project.
"We are pleased to see that our floater technology and products for deepwater once again has been selected for challenging development projects. This confirms our strategy of offering specialized products to the global market," said Arnstein Ansnes, president of Aker Kvaerner Engineering & Technology.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)