J P Kenny Awarded Global Subsea Agreement by BP
J P Kenny Engineering, a subsidiary of John Wood, has entered into a Global Agreement with BP International Limited to provide engineering and project management services for BP's offshore development projects. JPK has already begun work on the first release under the Global Agreement, for the Shah Deniz project in Azerbaijan.
Steve Wayman, Chief Executive Officer, J P Kenny Group said, "It is extremely important for us to cement our relationship with BP through the award of this long term, performance-based agreement where we work together to deliver superior long term value for our shareholders. We have been working with BP for many years providing subsea engineering teams for the UK & Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, Vietnam, Indonesia and also as part of their deepwater development activities in Block 31 Angola. We now look forward to developing and strengthening the relationship even further and wider."
David Clarkson, E&P Technology Vice President of Projects & Engineering for BP, said, "As we successfully expand into new, ever more challenging environments - deeper water, high pressure and high temperature reservoirs - the technologies needed to maintain safe, reliable operations become every more sophisticated. Through this agreement with J P Kenny, and our similar agreements with other contractors in the subsea sector, we will jointly design the most up-to-date subsea facilities to meet the increasing demands for more efficient energy production."
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: JP Kenny more info
- J P Kenny Awarded Global Subsea Agreement by BP (Dec 17)
- Wood Group Makes Strategic Move into India (Apr 12)
- Subsea UK Names JP Kenny 'Company of the Year' (Feb 19)