EMS Group Wins 10-Year, $400 Million Pemex Contract
Energy Maintenance Services Group I, LLC (EMS) and its wholly owned subsidiary EMS Energy Services Mexico have been awarded a ten-year, $400 million contract by Pemex to provide pipeline maintenance and associated services.
According to Tim Nesler, CEO of EMS Group, "This is the largest contract ever awarded to EMS. The scope of the contract term and services we will provide Pemex validates our vision of being a unique, single source provider of an integrated solution for pipeline operations and maintenance services."
The 10-year contract begins in January 2008 and will employ approximately 300 individuals to provide pipeline maintenance services across approximately two thousand kilometers of pipelines.
EMS was selected over 13 other firms that participated in the bidding process for the contract and will provide services to ensure the reliability of PEP's hydrocarbons pipeline system in the states of Tabasco, Veracruz, Chiapas and Oaxaca.
The system includes 93 pipelines running 1,775km in total that are operational or temporarily out of service plus 22 pipelines running 325km out of operation as well as pumping and storage. In total, the pipelines transport 1.79Mb/d.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Energy Maintenance Service Group, I LLC (EMS Group) more info
- Turkish, American Pipeline Cos Ink Joint Venture (May 19)
- EMS Group Completes Acquisition of Cowboy Valve & Fittings (Jan 05)
- Budd Melvin Joins EMS Group as Director of EMS Canada (Jan 02)