Mustang Receives U.S. Patent for LNG Liquefaction Process
Mustang Engineering and Wood Group have been awarded U.S. Patent #7,225,636 for a proprietary process to liquefy natural gas. This process is marketed as the LNG Smart Liquefaction Process and offers several benefits.
It requires no separate refrigerant production or storage; all refrigeration is provided by the process fluid; standard field-proven components are used, such as compressors, turbo expanders, vessels, and generators with a custom heat exchanger; and the process can easily accommodate variable gas production rates and shutdowns.
In addition, the LNG Smart Liquefaction Process is easily integrated in an offshore environment on a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel to commercialize associated and stranded gas fields.
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)