LeTourneau Sells Second Super Jack-Up Kit to Lamprell
LeTourneau Technologies (LTI), a subsidiary of Rowan Companies, has sold a second LeTourneau Super 116E Class jack-up rig kit to Lamprell Energy. Final delivery is expected by the end of 2008.
The rig is to be built at Lamprell's Hamriyah facility located in the United Arab Emirates for Scorpion Offshore Ltd. Lamprell is currently building an initial Super 116E Class jack-up at the same location, also for Scorpion Offshore, under a license from LTI.
This order is the 18th for the popular LeTourneau Super 116 series of jack-ups. The Super 116E Class is one of five current LTI jack-up rig designs, and an evolution of the LTI’s industry workhorse 116-C Class design. The Super 116E provides up to 2,000 kip greater payload than its predecessor. The rig is designed to drill in up to 350 feet of water in moderate environmental locations and can be outfitted to handle high temperature/high pressure wells.
LTI built the world's first jack-up drilling rig in 1955. Today, LTI is an acknowledged leader in the supply of offshore jack-up drilling rigs with a well-known track record of dependability, a reputation for the finest technology, and a company-wide commitment to innovation and customer service. For more information, visit www.lti-offshore.com.
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)
Company: LeTourneau Inc. more info
- MTNW Completes Winch Retrofit on 2 Rowan Jackups (Mar 13)
- Cameron Completes Acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies (Oct 25)
- Lamprell's Revenue Up 29.3% in First Half of 2008 (Sep 29)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)