Woodside Energy Includes ROV Services for Maesrk
Woodside Energy has extended its major services contract to include the provision of ROV services onboard Maersk's new-build semisubmersible hull B281.
The ROV services contract has a three-year term. Offshore works will commence when the rig arrives in Australia during 2009. The estimated project value is in excess of AUD $12 million.
The work scope includes the provision of a new-build Centurion QX ROV that will be deployed by means of a bespoke heavy-weather launch system from onboard the B281, which is an ultra deepwater development semisubmersible. The B281 is the second in a series of three rigs currently under construction for Maersk in Singapore.
i-Tech Managing Director, Neil Milne, commented, "This award further develops our relationship with Woodside and I believe demonstrates their confidence in i-Tech's capabilities to participate in this prestigious project. Furthermore we are pleased to be given this opportunity to install our latest generation 3,000m Centurion QX work class ROV to aid and enhance the capabilities of this sixth-generation semisubmersible."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: i-Tech more info
- i-Tech Wins 5-Year ROV Contract Onboard La Muralla III (Oct 22)
- Tullow Chooses i-Tech for 5-Year ROV Services at Jubilee Field (Aug 12)
- Chevron Australia Honors I-Tech with 'Outstanding Contractor Award' (Dec 03)