NOIL Energy Drills North Sea Duster
NOIL Energy ASA has concluded drilling appraisal well 24/12-5 S. The well was drilled on the 24/12-3 S discovery in the central part of the North Sea.
As early as 1996, oil was proven in well 24/12-3 S in the Heimdal formation in Paleocene rocks. Well 24/12-3 S is located about 20 kilometers north of the discovery 15/3-1 S Gudrun, and about 20 kilometers west of Balder.
The exploration target for well 24/12-5 S was to delimit the 24/12-3 S discovery. The well was dry. Good quality reservoir sandstone was encountered. The well will now be plugged and abandoned. This is the first well in production license 341, which was awarded in the Awards in Predefined Areas in 2004 (APA 2004).
The well was drilled to a vertical depth of 2214 meters below the sea surface, and was concluded in the Heimdal formation in Paleocene rocks. Water depth at the site is 116 meters.
Well 24/12-5 S was drilled by the semisub, Bredford Dolphin, which will now drill wildcat well 31/1-1 in production license 311 operated by Marathon Petroleum Norge AS.
The licensees in production license 341 are NOIL Energy ASA (subsidiary of Det norske oljeselskap ASA) as operator with 30%; Revus Energy ASA with 30%; Talisman Energy Norge As with 30% and PA Resources Norge AS with the remaining 10%.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Names New CFO (Feb 07)
- PA Resources Raises Funds in Directed New Share Issue (Jun 16)
- PA Resources Turns on Taps at New Didon Well Offshore Tunisia (Jun 10)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Norway to Examine Competition Conditions in Oil Industry (Jul 20)
- SMOE Delivers Ivar Aasen Field's Platform Deck to Det norske (May 24)
- Oil Firm Det Norske Repeats 2016 Guidance, 1Q In Line (Apr 29)