Thai Government Grants Exploration Rights to Seven Groups
BANGKOK Dec 11, 2007 (Dow Jones Newswires)
The Thai Cabinet on Tuesday awarded concession rights to seven groups to explore onshore and offshore oil and gas blocks under Thailand's 20th petroleum concession bidding round, said an official at the Department of Mineral Fuels.
The consortium of Chevron Petroleum (Thailand) Co. and Mitsui Oil Exploration received the concession for Block G4/50 in the Gulf of Thailand, the official told Dow Jones Newswires.
Harrods Natural Resources (Thailand) Ltd. was granted the concession for Block G9/50, also in the Gulf of Thailand, the official said.
For the onshore blocks, concessions were awarded to Twinza Oil Ltd. for Block L7/50 and Block L13/50; Tatex Thailand LLC for Block L16/50; Salamander Energy (E&P) for Block L26/50; Thai Petrochemical Industry for Blocks L36/50, L38/50 and L51/50; and TPI Polene Power for Block L37/50.
A total of 56 onshore blocks and 9 offshore blocks in the Gulf of Thailand spanning 235,606 square kilometers were offered in the 20th petroleum concession bidding round.
Companies have until May 2008 to submit bids for the other blocks. The Department of Mineral Fuels will evaluate each collection of bids on the 15th of every month until the end of the bidding round on May 22, 2008.
Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Salamander Energy plc more info
- Sona Petroleum Scraps Plans to Buy Stake in Salamander's Thai Assetss (Jan 14)
- Sona Clings on to Fading Hopes of Acquiring Thai Assets from Salamander (Nov 26)
- Salamander Backs Ophir Takeover Offer (Nov 24)