Liberia Opens Bidding for 10 Offshore Oil Blocks
LONDON Dec 10, 2007 (Dow Jones Newswires)
Liberia has opened bidding for 10 offshore oil blocks in its second licensing round, the state-owned National Oil Company of Liberia said.
The blocks, each measuring roughly 3,000 square kilometers and extending to about 3,000 meters in depth, will be on offer until the close of the licensing round on June 1, 2008, NOCAL said in a statement.
The company will have data rooms in London and Houston for companies to view available data on the blocks, it said.
Liberia's first licensing round was held in 2004. Repsol YPF SA (REP) and Woodside Petroleum Ltd. (WPL.AU) are among the companies developing the eight offshore blocks awarded in that round.
Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- McDermott to Design Scarborough FPU for Woodside (Feb 05)
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Oil Explorers Forge Ahead in Mexico (Mar 29)
- Equinor May be Mulling Eagle Ford Sale (Mar 18)
- Rowan Jack-up Heading to Guyana (Mar 14)