Petrobras Confirms Discovery in Espirito Santo Basin
Petrobras confirms the discovery of new natural gas reservoirs north of the Camarupim field in the Espirito Santo Basin through the drilling of wells 4-ESS-177 and 6-ESS-168. Both wells were drilled by Diamond Offshore's semisub Ocean Winner.
This discovery confirms the high potential for oil and gas in this basin, which may result in the increase of expected recoverable volumes in this area, which is already responsible for a substantial part of the production projects of the Gas Production Anticipation Plan (Plangas).
The 4-ESS-177 well was drilled in water depths of 708 meters offshore Espirito Santo state and found 101-meter thick gas-saturated sandy reservoirs at a depth of 3,417 meters. The well, located in block BM-ES-5, is operated by Petrobras and El Paso is a minority partner.
In addition to the gas, oil was also found by the 4-ESS-177 well in shallower reservoirs, at a depth of 2,461 meters. This discovery also reinforces the high potential of prospects not yet drilled in the same block.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: El Paso more info
- E&Y: 2012 'Record Year' for O&G Deals (Jan 24)
- FTC Approves Kinder Morgan Acquisition of El Paso (May 01)
- Sources: KNOC A Partner in El Paso E&P Acquisition (Mar 19)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)