Flowserve Wins Major Pump Order for Pearl GTL Project
Flowserve has won major pump orders for the fully integrated Pearl Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) facility being developed by Qatar Petroleum and Shell on the eastern coast of Qatar in Ras Laffan Industrial City. Pearl GTL will utilize nearly 500 Flowserve API / ANSI process pumps.
Pearl GTL is comprised of upstream gas production facilities as well as an onshore GTL plant that will produce 140,000 barrels per day of high-quality GTL fuels and products along with 120,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and ethane.
"Our company is pleased to be working with Qatar Petroleum and Shell in advancing such state-of-the-art fuel production," said Flowserve Pump Division President Tom Ferguson. "Construction is already underway with the first GTL train due to start up around the end of the decade, followed by the second train a year later.
"All of the pumps were selected based upon quality and optimal hydraulic fit, as well as the ability of Flowserve to provide the required technical expertise. Service will be available to this site from Flowserve facilities throughout the Middle East."
All pumps are built in accordance with Shell DEP, ASME (ANSI) B73 and/or API-610 standards.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)
Company: Flowserve Corp. more info
- Flowserve Opens Pump Manufacturing Plant in Coimbatore, India (Mar 14)
- Flowserve Clinches Contract for Shell's Malikai Oil Project off Sabah (Mar 06)
- Flowserve Unveils New IPS Beacon Condition Monitor (Jun 15)