Desire Petroleum Completes Falkland Seismic Survey
Desire Petroleum says that Wavefield InSeis has completed the full site survey program on Tranches C, I and L as planned. The entire survey was successfully acquired in 6 days with no weather downtime.
The outstanding lines in Tranche C were acquired in addition to new site surveys over 4 prospects in Tranches I and L. With the Environmental Impact Assessment over Tranches I and L due to be completed in 2008, Desire will be in a position to drill in Tranches C, D, I and L as soon as a rig becomes available.
Following BHP's commitment to drill at least 2 wells in the area to the south of the Falklands, it is expected that Desire, as well as other parties, will take part in an extended drilling campaign and that the mobilization and demobilization costs of bringing a rig to the area will be shared. As a consequence, Desire expects, at current prices, to be able to drill at least two, or possibly three wells from its own resources.
Desire is continuing discussions with a number of companies interested in farming-in to the Desire licenses due to the very considerable reserve potential identified in the North Falklands Basin. However, the Board remains mindful of its commitment not to enter into any agreement, which may unduly dilute shareholders' exposure to this exploration potential.
- Falkland Explorers Join Forces Ahead of New Drilling Round (Oct 03)
- Desire Granted Extension for Falkland License (Oct 31)
- Premier Oil Farms Into Rockhopper's Falklands Licenses (Jul 12)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)