Galp to Join Consortium for Angolan Gas Exploration
In accordance with the terms of article 248 of the Portuguese Securities Code, Galp Energia, SGPS, S.A. hereby discloses the following information:
Galp Energia signed, in Lisbon, an agreement to participate in a consortium for the development of natural gas exploration activities in Angola.
In a first phase this agreement provides for exploration of natural gas reservoirs, located offshore north of Angola. After this stage, and following the conclusion of the evaluation of results achieved, a natural gas liquefaction plant may be constructed, if the volumes encountered during the first phase justify the project.
The consortium, in which Galp Energia holds a participation of 10%, also includes Sonangol Gás Natural, Lda, a subsidiary of Sonangol for natural gas and the consortium operator with 40%, ENI Angola Exploration, B.V. with 20%, Gas Natural West Africa, a company that will include Gas Natural and Repsol, with 20% and Exem Exploration & Production, B.V. with 10%.
Galp Energia is also present in oil exploration and production offshore Angola, through stakes in Block 14, Block 14K, Block 32 and Block 33.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)