Taqa Expects to Complete PrimeWest Acquisition by Mid-January
PrimeWest Energy Trust confirms that PrimeWest, 1350849 Alberta Ltd. ("Purchaser") and TAQA North Ltd. (both wholly owned subsidiaries of Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC ("TAQA")) have agreed that January 16, 2008 will be the target date for completion of the previously announced transaction. PrimeWest will issue a further news release in the event Purchaser informs PrimeWest that Purchaser requires additional time to prepare for completion of the transaction. However, the agreement with Purchaser and TAQA North Ltd. requires that the transaction be completed by January 31, 2008 unless extended in accordance with the terms of the Arrangement Agreement.
Purchaser and TAQA North Ltd. have also agreed that they will waive their right to terminate the transaction due to (a) a material adverse change affecting PrimeWest to the extent that it is caused by any matter, fact or development that arises after December 14, 2007, or (b) an event occurs after December 14, 2007 which makes a representation or warranty of PrimeWest untrue. Completion of the transaction remains subject to certain other closing conditions that are typical of transactions of this nature.
The original terms of the transaction permit PrimeWest to declare a distribution of $0.25 per trust unit to unitholders of record on January 4, 2008 if closing has not occurred by that date. PrimeWest will issue a further news release as and when such a distribution may be declared.
- TAQA Completes Acquisition of $4.5 Billion PrimeWest Energy Trust (Jan 16)
- Taqa Expects to Complete PrimeWest Acquisition by Mid-January (Dec 05)
- Taqa's PrimeWest Acquisition Wins Canadian Approval (Nov 20)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)