Top Notch Speakers Lined Up for Subsea UK Technology Conference
BP's head of subsea, Total E&P UK's lead development engineer and Vetco Gray's president of subsea will headline the Subsea UK event which will take place on 13th of December at the Institute of Directors' offices in Pall Mall.
Entitled "Mind the Gap" the seminar will seek to identify the gap between the subsea technology needed to extract the remaining reserves and the technology being developed in the sector.
The speakers will reveal what impact new technology could have on future subsea developments and discuss where they see the technology gap.
Paul Tooms, head of subsea with BP will kick off proceedings with a presentation on the subsea technology prize as seen by BP. He will be followed by Frederic Febvre, lead development engineer of Total E&P UK plc whose presentation will focus on working together in research and development. David Lamont, president eastern region and subsea will cover the future of subsea technology for Vetco Gray.
The second session will look at the impact of technology development on specific projects. James Woods of Shell will talk about hot tapping into the Flags Pipeline, Alan Edwards of BP will discuss the subsea technology challenges in the Caspian, Rob Bain of BG Group will examine novel technology for unblocking subsea umbilicals and Steven Hegarty of Technip will present on smoothbore flexible riser for gas export.
Sponsored by Ballgrab and Castrol Offshore, the event will also feature a session on new technologies under development from companies including ITF, Well Processing AS, BMT, 2H, Nautronix and Wireless Fibre Systems.
Industry body, Subsea UK launched Subtech in 2004 with the aim of providing an annual, London-based event focused on the development of technology in the subsea sector.
Subsea UK was established as a focal point for all stakeholders to promote the sector and maximise its opportunities globally. It provides a national forum for collaboration, diversification, commercialisation of technology and co-ordinated marketing at home and overseas.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: VetcoGray more info
- Hayward Tyler on Track to Deliver Motor to VetcoGray in Norway (Feb 10)
- GE Oil & Gas Boosts Lobito Tomboco Output (Feb 02)
- Shell Places First Order for VetcoGray Subsea Tree (Feb 01)
Company: Subsea UK more info
- Subsea UK: Firms Need to Expand into Offshore Renewables (Jul 18)
- UK Subsea Services Recruitment Falls amid Oil Price Drop (Jun 09)
- Subsea UK Launches First Safety Forum (Sep 01)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)