Saudi Aramco to Terminate Contract for Thule Power
In relation to the drilling contract for Thule Power, KCA Deutag, our contract operator and rig manager, has notified Thule Drilling that Saudi Aramco has tendered a "notice of its intention to terminate the Contract, effective December 25, 2007".
Thule is in a dialogue with KCAD to find out more precisely what Saudi Aramco's intentions are.
Thule is seeing interest from several potential buyers/charterers of its rigs, among others from sources in the Middle East.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: Thule Drilling more info
- Thule Chairman Steps Down (Aug 24)
- Thule Power Successfully Moved from Sharjah Port to QGM Yard (Jun 10)
- Thule Drilling Underscores Status Contracts for Thule Power Jackup (Apr 17)