Solana Resources to Participate in Garibay Block in Colombia
Solana Resources has entered into a commercial agreement to farmout a fifty percent (50%) interest in the Garibay block, located in Colombia's Llanos basin, to CEPSA Colombia SA a wholly owned subsidiary of Compania Espanola de Petroleos, S.A., the Spanish based diversified energy company.
Subsequent to this farmout, Solana and CEPCOLSA will each hold a 50% participating interest in Garibay. The Garibay block is subject to an Exploration and Production Contract with Agencia Nacional de Hidrocarburos, the Colombian Government agency regulating the petroleum sector. The farmout to CEPCOLSA requires the previous approval of ANH to be effective.
Under the terms of the agreement CEPCOLSA will be responsible for 100% of the costs associated with the third phase exploration well, which must be drilled by October 2008. CEPCOLSA, the operator of a neighboring block, will also be the operator of Garibay, subject to the approval of ANH. The exploration well location will benefit from the extensive 3D seismic, which Solana acquired in early 2007.
This farmout furthers Solana's exploration strategy to concentrate on the five contiguous blocks it operates in the eastern portion of the Llanos basin (Guachiria, Guachiria Norte, Guachiria Sur, Colona and San Pablo) and the highly prospective operated Catguas block in the Catatumbo basin.
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- Algeria Oil And Gas Output On The Rise (Jun 26)
- CEPSA Commences Drilling at Tarach-1 in Kenya Block 11A (Apr 15)
Company: Solana Resources more info
- Los Aceites-1 in Colombia Flows 5,645 BOPD (Oct 09)
- Solana Tests Positive at Los Aceites-1 in Colombia (Sep 04)
- Solana Makes Headway on Los Aceites-1 in Colombia (Aug 25)