Atwood Southern Cross Heads to Italy for Eni
Atwood Oceanics has been awarded a contract by ENI Spa AGIP Exploration & Production Division for the Atwood Southern Cross. The contract calls for the rig to drill two wells plus options for two additional wells. The contract provides for an operating dayrate of $406,000. The drilling of the two firm wells is estimated to take one hundred-fifty days to complete and if both option wells are drilled, the contract could extend another ninety days.
This contract will commence immediately upon the rig completing its current contract commitments with Melrose Resources and Turkiye Petrolleri A.O. estimated to be in February 2008. The contract provides that ENI will provide the tow vessel to move the rig to its drilling site and pay a dayrate of $365,000 during the mobilization period (estimated ten days), as well as pay a dayrate of $395,000 while the rig is being certified by Italian authorities (estimated ten days) prior to commencing drilling operations.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)