TAQA Ups Its Canadian Assets with the Purchase of Pioneer Canada
The Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA), a publicly listed company on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market, announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary TAQA North Ltd. (TAQA North) has closed its acquisition of Pioneer Natural Resources Canada Inc. (Pioneer Canada).
TAQA North agreed to purchase Calgary-based Pioneer Canada from Pioneer International Resources Company on August 22 of this year for U.S. $540 million, subject to adjustments. Pioneer Canada is a Canadian oil and gas exploration company with operations in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. The acquisition provides TAQA North with an additional 59 million barrels of (gross) proven and probable oil and gas reserves, more than 10,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in production, as well as expertise in coal bed methane exploration and production.
"The closing of this arrangement is an important milestone for TAQA as it continues its rapid international expansion," said TAQA CEO Peter Barker-Homek. "The Pioneer Canada assets are a great addition to TAQA North's existing operations in Canada, and the acquisition provides additional scale and talent to help us capitalize on new and diverse development opportunities."
TAQA North (formerly Northrock Resources Ltd.) is a Calgary-based oil and gas exploration company with operations in Northern Alberta and British Columbia,West Central and Southern Alberta, Southwest Saskatchewan, Southeast Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. TAQA North was acquired by TAQA in August 2007 from Pogo Producing Company.
In September 2007, TAQA North signed a C $5 billion purchase agreement with PrimeWest Energy Trust, a Calgary-based conventional oil and gas royalty trust that actively acquires, develops, produces and sells natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids. That transaction is expected to close by January 31, 2008.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Pioneer Natural 3Q Adjusted Profit Beats Expectations (Nov 01)
- Rising Gas Output Drags Down Shares Of US Shale Leader Pioneer (Aug 02)
Company: Prime West Energy Trust more info
- TAQA Ups Its Canadian Assets with the Purchase of Pioneer Canada (Nov 28)
- Calpine to Sell Canadian Gas Assets for $625 Million (Aug 17)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)