Wavefield Wins 3D Work from BG Offshore Norway
Wavefield Inseis has been issued a Letter of Intent (LOI) by BG Group plc (BG) to award a 3D seismic contract for Block 6302/6, located in BG’s Tulipan West license (PL 388) in the Norwegian Sea.
The survey will be the first time the two companies have worked together and it will utilize the Geowave Master, one of Wavefield’s two new large multi-streamer vessels launched earlier this year. The survey will take place during 2008 and is expected to take between 2 and 3 months to acquire.
“We are extremely pleased to be selected by BG and look forward to working with them on this project.” commented Rick Donoghue, Wavefield Inseis’ vice president sales and marketing.
This contract is one out of several awards that Wavefield Inseis has received during the last few weeks and brings the backlog as of 27th November up to its highest ever value and means that 60% of the existing capacity is already sold for 2008.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)