Awilco and BP Firm Up WilPioneer Contract
Awilco Offshore has signed the drilling contract with BP Norge, on behalf of the Skarv License partners, for its first semisub, WilPioneer. This contract confirms the Letter of Intent previously entered into between the two companies.
The contract is based on the firm drilling program at Skarv for 16-18 wells, with an estimated duration of 3 years. The total contract value for this period is approximately US $330 million, plus mobilization costs. BP has options to increase the contract length with maximum 2 years.
The commencement window under the drilling contract is during the first half of 2009. WilPioneer is under construction at Yantai Raffles Shipyard in China.
Awilco Offshore is pleased to have BP and the Skarv Production License partners as our customers.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)